- About Us
- Water Proofing
- What is Waterproofing?
- Importance of Waterproofing
- Types of Waterproofing
- Waterproofing Products
- Bitumen Membrane
- Bitumen Liquid Membrane
- Bitumen Primer
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Contact Us
Bituminous paints are made of bitumen or coal tar which is dissolved in mineral spirit or naphtha. Bitumen is also known as asphalt which is sticky, black, and highly viscous liquid or semi-solid form of petroleum.
Bituminous paint is a type of bituminous coating product that provides weatherproofing and corrosion resistance to the elements. It has good adhesive properties. A bituminous coating is used to build a vapour-proof and protective coat in accordance with its formulation and polymerization grade. The bituminous coating is also known as asphalt coating.
Bituminous paint is strong, waterproof, durable and economical. It resists manufacturing harsh chemicals and UV light. It also protects surfaces from rust.
Bitumen paint waterproofing is a solvent based, full bodied black bitumen paint, when dry, the product is odorless and taint free bitumen film.
Uses of Bituminous Paint
Bituroll is used as waterproofing membrane on the folllowing structures:
- Bituminous Paints are alkaline resistant hence it is used for under water structure, weather protecting steel work, waterproofing, wood, concrete and potable water tanks.
- It is also used for any exterior metal work and iron work such as fire escapes, ladders, gutters, down pipes, railings, fences and gates, etc.It is used to coat ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals and other construction materials, even in marine environments.
- It is a flexible coating solution that can be used both above and below ground.
Nurpaint (Bitumen Paint) - Typical Characterstics & Product inforamtion
|Color||Dark - Brown|
|Form||Thick - Viscous liquid|
|Density||0.9 g/cm3 at 20°C|
|Type of Solvent||White spirit|
|Film Thickness Per Coat @ 11m² / Ltr|| Wet - 0.1mm |
Dry - 0.05mm
|Chemical And Water Resistance||Resistant to: most salt solutions, dilute acids and alkalis, water and alcohol. Not resistant to: oils, solvents and some detergent solutions|
|Consumption / Yield|| Porous surfaces: 4-6m² |
Non-porous surfaces: 11m²
|Ambient Air Temperature||> 5°C - 40°C. Surfaces must be free from ice and water.|
|Drying time||4-6 hours depending on drying conditions|
|Shelf Life||24 months from date of manufacture in tightly sealed, undamaged containers.|
|Storage Conditions|| contains a flammable solvent, and all normal precautions against fire must be taken during both storage and use.|
Store in original container in cool (5°C - 25°C) dry conditions. Keep away from sources of ignition.
*All values are subject to 5 - 10 % tolerance
Instructions For Use
Packing: 15Ltr, 20Ltr Metalic Pails, 200Ltr Steel Drums